Your stay at the Great Ocean Ecolodge will be a unique wildlife experience on your sustainable holiday.
You can take the time to enjoy an early morning cup of tea or coffee in the comfort of your room or out in the gardens where early risers will be treated to sights of the kangaroos grazing in the morning mist and the magical music of the dawn chorus. Or sit by the roaring fire, enjoy magnificent dining and fine local wines and beers to discuss the day that has been and the adventures that tomorrow will bring.
Your stay will include:
- Delicious afternoon tea and coffee with biscuits and cakes fresh from the oven every day at 4pm.
- Guided Dusk Walk accompanied by a dedicated conservation guide, in the grounds of the Conservation Ecology Centre at 4:30pm.
- Peaceful nights – breathtaking views, private ensuite bathrooms, crisp linen, timeless antiques and fluffy towels.
- Leisurely breakfast will ensure you are ready for a day out in the fresh air. Fresh fruit, homemade muesli, cereals, preserved fruits, yoghurt, fresh croissants, and homemade conserves will be sure to keep you going.
- Tickets to the Cape Otway Lighthouse.
- Free use of binoculars, field guides and wifi.
* Evening meals and picnic lunches are available at additional charge.
The costs for a stay at the Great Ocean Ecolodge is $395 per room per night. An upgrade to a room with a sundeck is subjected to an additional $50 per night. Please note, there is a two-night minimum (instated on feedback from our guests to ensure your stay is not rushed).
Dining and Luncheons
At the Great Ocean Ecolodge using locally sourced produce is a commitment in philosophy and practise to ethical food creation, enjoyment and sustainability. Rich soils, plentiful rain and gentle sunshine ensure a bountiful harvest in the Otways. Take a gentle stroll through the Kitchen Gardens and taste the fresh strawberries, tomatoes, peas and beans, they are so good while they are still full of sunshine!
Our menus are designed daily to celebrate the seasonal produce grown in the Ecolodge’s own Kitchen Gardens and by our many magnificent local producers. Our chefs can be found in the Gardens in the afternoons gathering the harvest for dinner.
The costs for a Three Course dinner is $55 per person.
For lunch there is nothing quite like a picnic – freshly prepared wraps, with cakes, fruit and a drink, maybe a bottle of champagne. We can lend you a rug so you can find a secluded spot, unpack your lunch and settle in to enjoy a memorable afternoon overlooking the Great Southern Ocean or in a secret woodland glade.
The costs for a Luncheon is $25 per person (champagne excluded)
Visiting with Children
Children are the environmentalists of the future and we welcome them. Childhoods spent exploring nature instil a person with a sense of belonging, a sense of wonder, an understanding of responsibility, feelings of wellbeing and self-esteem, an appreciation of wild places and an empathy for others.
We can arrange fold-out beds or cots for younger children sharing your room, or a twin share room next door to yours for older children (suitable for Hollow, Burrow, and Drey only).
Our chefs are always pleased to create special children’s meals or accommodate earlier dinner times for young children by prior arrangement.
- Please know where your children are at all times – they are precious and the Great Ocean Ecolodge is located in a wilderness environment. You are responsible for their whereabouts and behaviour.
Please be aware of other guests – their privacy and solitude are important.